Why You Must Declutter in 2022
If cluttering is a sin, then we are all guilty as charged. I believe you must have thought about decluttering this year, but the idea alone screams ‘hard work,’ and so, it’s almost making you cringe. Clearing out clutter from your space (home, office, etc.) It isn’t as stressful as you think. One good thing about this activity is that you can carry it out at your own pace.
Apart from the fact that clutter is an eyesore, it also has an impact on your physical and mental health. And so, in order to experience an improved health condition and also feel good about yourself, declutter is a must. Therefore, this new year is another opportunity to organize your life, home, and office just the way you want it. You don’t have to get it done in a day. Take your time, but ensure to get it done right.
Well, if you are still not sure about why you must declutter in 2022, here are a few reasons I believe would convince you otherwise.
- When you remove clutter from your space, you indirectly remove stress and the negative energy attached to it as well. Clutter has a negative impact on your mental health and is known to increase your stress levels. A 2009 study showed a direct correlation between a woman’s cortisol (stress) and clutter. This is because your brain finds it difficult, concentrating on just one thing when you enter a room full of mess. Hence, if you must overcome stress and every negative energy linked with clutter, then declutter is a must.
- Removing those junk and items you haven’t used in a while ( and may likely never use again) can help create more space for more natural and safer navigation around your house. You won’t end up tripping over or slamming your leg on those unnecessary items taking up all the space.
- The longer you accumulate clutter in your space, the more likely you are to fall ill. Decluttering can help you clean up thoroughly, removing dust, molds, rodents, pests, and pathogens that can be harmful to your health, causing illnesses such as inflammation, allergies, and respiratory conditions. Also, you don’t have to get frustrated every time you decide to clean your home because the less item you have, the easier cleaning your home becomes.
- Decluttering can save you money and even make you more money. By selling some of your old items that are still usable and useful, you could earn a few more dollars on each item.
- Decluttering also keeps you organized and helps you find things quickly. You don’t have to go through a pile of clothes in search of one leg of your favorite socks. The more organized you are, the more time you have for other things, and the more likely you are to be on time for events or appointments.
- Furthermore, you must declutter if you intend to live a productive life and achieve your set goals. The less unnecessary items you have lurking around, the more time you have strategizing and working towards attaining success in all aspects of your life.